Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Don't Count Calories - Count Happiness

Had dinner at the Stone Grill. They grill Wagyu beef on (you guessed it) stones in front of you. The stones aren't your everyday, garden variety rocks, either. We're talking volcanic rocks! Needless to say, the food was DELICIOUS.

It was a pretty heavy meal, but not because of the steak. It was all the other carbs I took with it. I had rice because I am a rice-fiend, and potato wedges and some buttered veggies. But at the end of the day, it was all worth it. I'm feeling pretty bloated, but I'm happy. It's not like I eat like that everyday.

I'm sure I had a ton of calories last night. But here's my breakdown of the meal:
  • I had protein
  • it was SO delicious
  • I don't usually eat that much regularly
I hate counting calories. I used to, and it just made me miserable. The way I figure things, all that's really important is some logical thinking:
  • I need protein to build muscle, and help lose fat
  • Overeating once in a while isn't so bad
Granted, the carbs were a terrible idea, nutrition-wise. I probably could've trimmed the fat off the steak, too. But hey. Once in a while isn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment